Debit/Credit Payment

Credit/Debit/Bank Transfer

Four Police Officers Injured in Terror Attack in Central Israel

April 3, 2024

by: Ynetnews

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Israel’s police launched an investigation into the terrorist attack (illustrative).

Wednesday, 3 April 2024 | A ramming attack injured four police officers, one seriously so, Wednesday overnight near Kochav Yair located in central Israel. Following the attack, the terrorist, Wahhab Shbita, a 26-year-old Arab-Israeli from Tira, arrived at a checkpoint armed with a knife and attempted to stab security forces stationed there—and was neutralized.

Magen David Adom [MDA] emergency services teams evacuated the officer to the Rabin Medical Center in serious condition. Three other officers, one of whom was moderately injured, were taken to the Meir Medical Center.

The police launched an investigation into the attack and noted that following the ramming near Kochav Yair, the terrorist got out of his vehicle at the Eliyahu crossing, attempted to stab a security guard—and was neutralized.

Israel Police Central District chief, Superintendent Avi Biton, held a situation assessment at the scene, and said the terrorist rammed the officers who were stationed in the area and then attempted to stab a security guard at the Eliyahu checkpoint.

The MDA dispatch center received a report on the attack at 1:39 a.m. According to the report, a number of pedestrians were injured by a vehicle near Tira. MDA paramedics arrived at the scene and provided medical attention to the officers.

“Four injured individuals were evacuated to hospitals, including a 23-year-old man in serious condition with head trauma, a 46-year-old man suffering from head and limb injuries, and two others who received minor injuries,” MDA reported.

MDA paramedics Amir Dahari and Eyal Davidzon, who arrived at the scene, said, “We arrived at the scene and saw four injured individuals lying on the roadside and sidewalk, about 1 meter [3.2 ft.] apart from each other.”

“A 24-year-old man was semi-conscious and suffered from head and limb injuries, a 46-year-old man was fully conscious and suffered from head and limb injuries, and two others were fully conscious. We gave them medical attention on-site and evacuated them to the hospital,” they added.

Posted on April 3, 2024

Source: (This article was originally published by Ynetnews on April 2, 2024. Time-related language has been modified to reflect our republication today. See original article at this link.)

Photo Credit: Dickelbers/

Photo License: Wikimedia