Bridges for Peace: Christians supporting Israel and building relationships between Christians and Jews in Israel and around the world.
It is our desire to see Christians and Jews working side by side for better understanding and a more secure Israel.
In 1964 our founder, Dr. G. Douglas Young moved to Israel and established an educational organization, at the same time beginning the work that later became known as Bridges for Peace. Officially founded as a non-profit organization in 1976, Bridges for Peace seeks to be a ministry of hope and reconciliation. Through programs both in Israel and worldwide, we are giving Christians the opportunity to actively express their biblical responsibility before God to be faithful to Israel and the Jewish community.
For too long, Christians have been silent. For too long, the Jewish community has had to fight its battles alone. It is time Christian individuals and congregations speak up for the people who gave us the Bible.
We are committed to the following goals:
- To encourage meaningful and supportive relationships between Christians and Jews in Israel and around the world.
- To educate and equip Christians to identify with Israel, the Jewish people and the biblical/Hebraic foundations of our Christian faith.
- To bless Israel and the Jewish people in Israel and worldwide, through practical assistance, volunteer service and prayer.
- To communicate Christian perspectives to the attention of Israeli leaders and the Jewish community-at-large.
- To counter anti-Semitism worldwide and support Israel’s divine God-given right to exist in her God-given land.
We are accomplishing this through a variety of programs:
- Dispatch from Jerusalem: A bi-monthly publication with pertinent and positive news from Israel and informative insights into the hopes and aspirations of the Israeli people, all in a prophetic context.
- Israel Teaching Letter: Monthly in-depth studies bringing to light the fuller meanings of biblical concepts from the Hebraic roots of the Scriptures.
- Israel Prayer Update: Weekly e-mail update with prayer focus. Click here to subscribe.
- Chai Night Prayer and Study Groups: A monthly intercessory prayer program sponsored by individuals and churches around the world who desire to “pray for the peace of Jerusalem”.
- Bridge-Building Projects: Promote better Christian-Jewish understanding and support for Israel on the local and regional level around the world. Projects such as Hebrew classes, film series, Israel Awareness Programs, speakers bureau and study seminars are offered.
- Operation Ezra: A vital social assistance program providing a channel of practical help to a variety of worthy projects in Israel utilizing cash contributions and gifts-in-kind from Christians to bless Israel. Through our Food Bank, food gifts are channeled to help Israel’s needy. Currently we are assisting Jewish immigrants to Israel, Israel’s elderly and poor from many communities.
- Project Rescue/Project Tikvah (Hope): These programs help the poorest Jews, from the countries of the Diaspora. Project Rescue helps prepare many to immigrate to Israel. Without our help, most would find the cost of passports, visas, ground transportation, lodging, etc., out of their reach. Project Tikvah helps sustain the elderly and the sick who cannot make aliyah (immigrate to Israel).
- Short Term and Long Term Service: This is a wonderful opportunity for Christians to serve Israel’s poor and new immigrants through our Jerusalem and Karmiel Assistance Centers and our International Headquarters in Jerusalem. Volunteers use their skills in the Land of the Bible and help to build sincere relationship through practical expressions of love and support.
- Bible Study Tours in Israel: Bridges for Peace provides a variety of travel opportunities and lectures to help you or your tour group gain a deeper understanding of Israel, the Jewish people and the Jewish roots of our Christian faith in light of the Bible, history, archaeology, and current events. An extensive pre-travel study manual is a part of all BFP tours and is also available to individuals or tour groups coming to Israel.
We are also available to help you plan activities in your area. When you come to Israel, we would like to meet you or speak to your group. Please contact us in advance to visit our International Headquarters in Jerusalem. Phone: +972-2-624-5004, Fax: +972-2-624-6622
We invite you to join us in a practical expression of this desire to bless Israel by becoming an active Bridge-builder and participating in fulfilling biblical prophecy through the vital and important work of Bridges for Peace.
Click here to download our Doctrinal Statement.