The White Stork synagogue, which was opened in 1829, derives its name from an inn which had previously stood on the spot where it was erected. The Nazis ransacked the synagogue and devastated its interior.
The synagogue was later turned it into a garage and warehouse. After the war, Poland’s Communist authorities seized control of the synagogue. It was only returned to the Jewish community a decade ago, who began refurbishing it. Wroclaw is home to a very small Jewish community.
Posted on May 17, 2010
Source: (By World Jewish Congress, May 12, 2010)
Photo Credit: Photo by Julo en.wikipedia.org
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. All other materials are property of Bridges for Peace. Copyright © 2021.
Website Site Design by J-Town Internet Services Ltd. - Based in Jerusalem and Serving the World.